- If I had known that learning the harmonica was so relatively simple, I would have taken it up before. If you've got the right key and the right groove, it can happen.
- I saw a kid who looked to me like being no more that 12 or 13 with green highlights in his hair, black Doc Marten boots with fluorescent green laces, black tights under khaki green knee length shorts and a black and white t-shirt that exclaimed "The Sex Pistols". I couldn't help but think I should wish him luck. It's gonna be a rough ride through the teen years.
- It's 17 pounds and counting. Since arriving in Quebec City some 2 and a half months ago, I've gone from 206 to 189 pounds. Essentially, walking, lots of walking, no fries, no white bread and lots of green tea.
- Thank God for internet radio. Québec is a great city on a number of different levels, but the radio offerings here leave a lot to be desired. Too much talking, not enough tuning.
- I hope that when, and if, the time comes that I've grown too old to drive that I will have the sense to stop.
- Though I really want to, I find it difficult to cheer for the Quebec Remparts. I just can't get myself to get excited by a Patrick Roy team.
- I was searching for some Jethro Tull at my local music shop and after going up and down the "Rock Anglophone" aisle and coming up empty, I asked the clerk at the register where I could find some Tull and he answered "Check la rangée du rock progressif". I have to love any place that has an aisle dedicated to progressive rock.
- You can tell a lot about a kid based on the way he/she rides a bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment